Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

I thought I'd take a minute to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving. I have a lot to be thankful for, and I am determined to keep focused on the good stuff.

I just went down and checked on the bird. It is getting close to done. Wrapped in Bacon, stuffed, and smelling SSOOOOO good. I give it at least another half an hour before it's done. My tummy is rumbling already.

It is another rainy Northwest day, but I am inside and dry and warm.

It is a good sort of laid back day. Just Mrs A. and V. and I. I watched Pinks until I got tired of it, and then Mrs A. turned to the dog show, while I am reading a classic John D. McDonald Travis McGee novel. No great aspirations or plans, except for eating turkey and dressing and deviled eggs and matbe some cranberry sauce.

I have tomorrow off, like a lot of people. But I absolutely refuse to participate in the madness of the day after sales. There is nothing I need so bad that I would go battle the crowds for it. I would rather go to the dentist than go out tomorrow shopping.

I plan to just hunker down and take it easy and let the world go on without me.

Hope everyone out there in the blogosphere is having a great day.

5 comments:

Rick said...

Go eat turkey. I feel a nap sneaking up on me.

rennratt said...

I stayed in pjs all day yesterday.

We cooked, watched movies and played board games.

The furthest (farthest?) I plan to travel today is to the mailbox.

Al said...

Rick: I ate turkey 'til I couldn't eat turkey No Mo. Tody I will get the rest of the meat off and make soup stock.

Renn: Good plan. The news this morning showed the parking lot at the closest Mall at 6:30 and there was not a single parking space available.

Dennt: Not the best Thanksgiving ever, but it was nice to just stay at home with my sweetie and V. and watch TV and read a book and take a nap. And of course eat way too much. Hope your Thanksgiving was great!

Anonymous said...

I had a really nice T-day here in Boston. We ate dishes made from Colonial-era recipes. But it rained like the Dickens.

Al said...

Rhea: Thanks for stopping by. Sounds like a good Thanksgiving. Rained here, but now it's snow.