Monday, November 13, 2006

Nothing weekend

I didn't accomplish a damn thing this weekend.

I am SOOOOO proud of myself. I haven't had a weekend where I could do nothing in so long that I had forgotten what it was like. I played computer games, read a book, watched football on TV (GO SEAHAWKS!!!).

The truth of the matter is that Mrs A. has a cold, so she didn't want to do anything all weekend, and it didn't take a whole lot to convince me to do the same. It was contintuing to be overcast and rain and cold, so we just retreated into our shells and closed the doors.

We were supposed to go places and do things, but never left the house. I think we were just gathering our strength before the race to the end of the year. After all THANKSGIVING IS NEXT WEEK!!!

No need to panic.

Just center yourself, slow your breathing, and try to concentrate on the good things. Go to your happy place.

Everything is going to be OK.

3 comments:

Al said...

What, you have to have it done by Thanksgiving?
Most guys are out there on Christmas Eve at the Mini-Mart desparately pawing through the seasonal stuff looking for something that doesn't have a NASCAR Logo on it.

Michael said...

Christmas shopping is much easier now that I just have to buy for the two kids.

And Thanksgiving is easy, since I'm going out of town to visit a friend and my only responsibility is to eat... trust me, I can handle that! ;-)

Al said...

We have a Thanksgiving schedule so that one year it is the Warren family, one year it is the "Other" side. This year is the "Other" side, so all I have to is cook for ourselves.