Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The good, the bad, and the not-so-atractive

Yesterday was a day of ups and downs.

I was bummed because it was R.s birthday. I don't know where she is living or what she is doing. It was the first time I haven't had something planned, but given that the last time she was around, she threatened Mrs A.s life, I have told her not to come around until she has her head on straight.

She called last night and said she was thinking of coming by, and I had to tell her that it probably wasn't a good idea right now. I told her I would meet her for dinner and drinks, abd she said she would call me back. Of course she didn't.

I did my biggest Christmas shopping yesterday. Mrs. A. said she wanted to go visit her son in Utah Dec. 20th - 24th. So I got on the computer and reserved her flight for her last night. God, I love the Internet.

Back last summer we ponied up some money so her son and family could make the down payment on their first home. With all the money we have given to the girls the last couple of years, her son has gotten the short end of the stick because he takes care of himself and his family.

I can't get the time off, so Mrs A. will be going alone. On one hand I will miss her terribly. But it is only for a couple of days. Just long enough to be really happy when she gets back.

On the other hand it will be nice to batch it for a couple of days, sit around in my underwear, drink milk right out of the carton and leave the toilet seat up ALL the time. Don't tell me I don't know how to have fun.

So I felt like a bad father, a pisspoor husband and an ungratetful beast.

But I did make the reservation round trip, and made sure she was leaving her dog behind.

6 comments:

Rick said...

"...a bad father, a pisspoor husband and an ungratetful beast."

I've resigned myself to being a fairly cool long-distance uncle.

Al said...

Yeah, it's the people that we don't have to live with that think the most of us sometimes.

Michael said...

I live alone and I still put the toilet seat down... I'm not sure what that says about me. Should I be worried?!

Al said...

As long as you don't take up wearing frilly panties, I think you're OK.

Daphnewood said...

in my house, I demand the toilet seat up so I have proof they aren't peeing on the seat. There is nothing worse than sitting in a puddle of pee. It's funny how different houses have different rules.

Al said...

It really has never been an issue at our house, it just sounded true, because if I am alone with V. it wouldnt ever become one.