Wednesday, November 15, 2006

CARS

I may have mentioned I am a Motorhead. Not a complete garage junky mind you, but I do love working on a nice clean well kept car.

This usually translates inot having a couple of projects. The downside is that I am working on and driving the cars at the same time. This reared its ugly head this morning.

Suddenly the Z didn't want to go in gear. I had to force the stick a little before it would go into gear. The clutch pedal also did not want to disengage. This means one of two things. Either I am leaking hydraulic fluid from the clutch, or the adjustment rod is out of adjustment.

I had an offsite meeting this morning, and when it was over, I could NOT get the car to shift into Low. I finally turned off the engine, and it slipped in to gear. I took it back home and switched cars to the Blazer.

The Blazer has no heat, so it is not my favorite, and it gets like 14 miles to the gallon. To fix the problem with the heat will be expensive if I don't do the work myself.

I should do something about the Blazer. Either fix it or trade it in on a new car. The practical side of me says to get a new Chevy HHR, which I like the looks of and is a good ballance of style and use. 3o+ miles to the gallon and a lot of interior space and it looks nice.

The not so practical side of me saw the new Saturn Sky on the road the other day and wants one real bad. Good gas mileage and a kick in the ass to drive.

Oh, whatever to do.

9 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I MUST have heat in a vehcile...I could probably do without A/C (did it up until the year 2000) but I INSIST on heat. (Yes I am a Florida wuss when it comes to being cold).

And I am in NO WAY coordinated enought to work a stick and clutch at the same time.

I'm not a car person anymore (I like my Tahoe) but I DO love the looks of the new Dodge Charger. Have you seen that baby?

Saaa-wheeeeeeeat!

Decisions, decisions, huh?

Al said...

The Charger is nice, but the Challenger is even cooler, since it is a 2-door.

And just WHY would you need heat in a vehicle down there in Penuttia? I would think that A/C would be the MUST.

Rick said...

Damn, I saw the title and thought I was gonna get a movie review. I'm waiting for "Cars" to arrive in my mailbox. ("I'd give my left lug nut...")

Michael said...

Saturn Sky hands down... I wouldn't even have to think about it!

Anonymous said...

I would opt for the Saturn.
I love the mileage, and I hear that Saturns are great to drive.

I would love for my next car to be a hybrid, but am not holding my breath.

I would sign in, but Blogger is being a boogerhead. AGAIN.

Renn

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Why do I need heat? Because, according to The Peanut King, I am cold-blooded...;)

Seriously though, I am THE BIGGEST wuss when it comes to being cold...I HATE cold weather. I can handle 100º weather better than I can 65º weather!

And yes, two door would be even cooler (not in the weather sense, of course...:)

Al said...

Rick: The day it came out, Mrs A. brought home CARS. It is a lot of fun, especially if you are any kind of motorhead. The scenery contains all sorts of car stuff.

Michael: Mrs A. saw one and asked if I wanted one for Christmas. No way we could afford it. But if I could.........

Renn: It's a little pricier than I thought. The SKY Redline runs close to 30 Grand. But it would be SSOOO cool.

PQ: But the SKY is a convertible and gets good mileage too.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Convertible?

Sold!!! :)

Al said...

I'll drop by and give you a.....ride.....

If I am, like in the area.

R-I-G-H-T.