Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Mexico?????

I received an e-mail from my cousin, Ginger yesterday saying that she and her husband and my Uncle are going to Mexico in August to visit my Unle Ben and Aunt Pat. He is a History Professor at the College of Michoacan in Morelia. She asked if Mrs A. and I would like to go along.

I have been wanting to go back ever since Mrs A. and I went down there on our honeymoon.

Trouble is, we are already going to Mexico with a Church group in July, so getting the money together for both trips will stretch the budget to the max, but it is doable.

My first impulse is to just go for it. An opportunity like this doesn't come along every day. The airfare is about $2200.00 for V and me and Mrs A., but once we got there, we would be staying with my Uncle, so no hotel fees. We would be expected to take them out to dinner and stuff, but a dollar goes a long way down there. I figure we would have about $800.00 spending money. I don't see how we can turn down the opportunity, even if it means we eat bread and beans for a while.

Got to practice up on the essentials

"Otra cervesa por favor!"

"Donde es el bano?"

1 comment:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oooo...ooo...I actually know the answer to the last question!!! It's down the hall...to the right.

As for the beer...I can't drink at work, dang it!

(Hey, I knew more spanish than I thought I did!!!)

And I say GO FOR IT!!! You only live once...take every opportunity you can! :)