Thursday, March 16, 2006

Underwear Story

So, when I stopped by The Peanut Queen's Blog this morning, she had posted this hilarious underwear story http://stacy68.blogspot.com/. This brought to mind an underwear story of my own:

Bats in my underwear

My first wife, the truly evil Mrs. A. and I had just gotten married, and were staying at her parent's cabin on Herron Island. That is not a misspelling, the island was not named after the bird, but Captain Herron who had owned the island at one time. We were sleeping on a hide-a-bed couch in the living room and had stayed up late watching horror movies. All the sudden she stiffens up and whispers "There's something in here." Being the sensitive, caring guy I am I said "Yeah, sure. You've just been watching too many scary Movies".
"No there it is again!!!."
"Holy shit, you're right!"
All I was wearing was a pair of old ratty jockeys, but I jumped up and flicked on the light. There was a bat flying around the inside of the cabin looking desperately for a way out.
There was a salmon net on the wall, so I grabbed it and started swinging it around trying to catch the bat. Jumping on furniture, knocking things over, Mrs A. screaming at the top of her lungs.
Of course we woke up her parents. So here they come tearing out of the bedroom to the sight of their brand new son-in-law running frantically around the living room in nothing but his jockeys waving a salmon net in the air. They didn't see the bat right away, so they must have thought I had lost my mind.
About this time the bad found a way out and everything settled down to the point I realized I was standing there half nekkid in front on my mother-in-law with a salmon net in my hand. I started laughing my ass off, thereby convincing them that I had lost my mind, an opinion they never fully recovered from.

5 comments:

An Extraordinary woman in a mediocre life said...

lol.. i liked this story a lot.. great stuff :D

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oh that was gooooood! :)

Embarrassing at the time but it's stories like that that, when you think back, are pretty damn funny! :)

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
»

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »