Friday, September 29, 2006

And they're off....

In more ways than one.

We are going to Bremerton this weekend with the band for a show. We are spending the night in a Hotel, so it will be a nice change. Since the performance is in a theater, we don't have to set up lights and sound system, just the drums and a couple of speakers and maybe a spare amp, and the keyboard. That will leave up plenty of time to just relax, go to dinner, and listen to the show.

Yesterday was an absolutely perfect fall day.

I woke up feeling so good, I decided I felt too good to go to work. I have been in need of a day all by myself for quite some time now. I haven't been able to take one for the last six months, and since the kids moved out, I have been waiting for the "right" day.

I slept in, I read a book some, I went and got my hair cut, I went out and looked at cars, wrote in my blog, curled up and took a nap (without any threat of being disturbed!)

It was gloriously, totally quiet.

I could feel the tension leaving like the water in the bathtub when you pull the plug.

In the evening R and a friend came by. Ms. B came over with brownies baked in the shape of a heart, and all was well with the world.

Life is great when the clouds clear and the sun breaks through and you find yourself standing in a beam of light.

5 comments:

Rick said...

Bremerton should be good. It'll be nice to change the channel in my brain. I feel like I've been watching reruns of Howdy Doody for a month.

Al said...

I've been stuck in Seventh Heaven Reunion in Hell.

Michael said...

Every guy needs a day like from time to time... well deserved in your case I'd say!

Daphnewood said...

I plan on having one of those days on thursday or friday this week. You described it beautifully and now I can't wait.

Al said...

Michael: I was a single dad for a quite a while. Every once ina while I would dump the kids and just go wandering. I sure miss that some times.

Daphnewood: I wish I could think of a reason to join you.