Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I should have known better....

When the kids left, Mrs. A was still wound up tighter than a recoil starter. One little pull and she would go WHIRRRRR and little parts would start flying off.

I told her to relax, that it was over. She told me "Oh no, it's not over!"

As usual she knew what she was talking about.

They showed up at her workplace yesterday, and more or less demanded money from her. She relented and gave them $20. They complained "This is all you are going to give us?" Of all the unmitigated gall.

They were trying to make it sound like they could not feed K. unless we gave them money.

Mrs A. told them if they couldn't feed K. that didn't make her a bad grandma, but it did make them bad parents. Needless to say that did not go over well.

Evidently they think they are above going to the food bank to get some groceries. Probably couldn't fit in between their busy social life and the time they need for playing video games.

Mrs A. told me she doesn't want to see or talk to them.

Fine by me. Now if she will just stick with it..........

6 comments:

Michael said...

I'm sure grandkids don't make it easier, but they need to figure out how life works for themselves. A dose of humility and a trip to a foodbank or church will probably do them good.

Daphnewood said...

yikes! poor Mrs. A. They will grow up some day. I have witnessed the grandchild blackmail many times. Mrs. A. could use a little blackmail of her own and next time tell them that if they cannot afford to feed K then perhaps Mrs. A. should take them to court for custody of K. and I agree with Michael, the foodbank or church would do a world of good.

Rick said...

Oi vey! I like the part where the parts come flying off... my wife did the same over replacing some defective trees this week.

Al said...

Michael: It's not the poor kids fault his parents are dickheads, so I hate to see him suffer for their immaturity.

Daphnewood: Trouble ia we are already raising one grandkid. They might be all too willing to give us K.

Rick: Mrs A finally got a decent night's sleep, so the whirring has lessened consideraby. Now maybe I can get a decent night's sleep

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

ACK! What happened since I've been away??? Poor Mrs. A! And how FRUSTRATING must that be too...sounds like someone needs to get their friggin' priorities straight!!!

Al said...

PQ: Ket's just say I haven't had the opportunity to be bored lately. Mrs A is doing better now that she's had a couple of decent night's sleep.