Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Dreams

I woke up this morning with this absolutely great idea for a blog entry for today.

Of course I imediately went back to sleep and forgot it. I should have written it down. Several times now I have awakened from a dream that would make a great short story and thought "I should write that down" but of course I don't, and by the time I am fully awake, it is long gone.

On the other hand, frequently after waking, and in the harsh light of reality, the ideas suck.

I have had a series of related dreams for years, that actually hang together as a coherent story. The Government has been overthrown and I am leading a small group of rebels going around attacking government outposts. We are living in the mountains in Eastern Washington or North Idaho and conducting guerilla warfare. I never die or get hurt in these dreams, but get a great deal of satisfaction blowing things up.

Wonder what Sigmund would have to say on the subject.

3 comments:

Rick said...

Last night I dreamed I was a roadie for Mick Jagger. Sigmund would be proud.

Al said...

Sigmund says (kinda like Simon says?) "und ve haff ze eggsprexhun uf ze repressed sexual energies in ze explosions, no?

Daphnewood said...

more than likely Sigmund would have said "please pass the cocaine" since he was an addict. I am sure it was for medicinal purposes only ;)