Thursday, September 07, 2006

Parrot Joke

A guy I know has a pet parrot. He fed it by hand. Hepoured some nuts or sunflower seeds in his hand, and the bird would eat them out of his hand.

The problem with this was that the bird was an agressive feeder and sometimes would bite his hand. As a result his hands were always sore.

He decided that the best solution would be to file off some of the parrot's beak.

He went down to the hardware store to buy a file. The clerk asked him what he needed, and he said "I'm here to buy a file."

The clerk asked "What kind of file we have flat files, round files, rasps, even half round bastards. What are you going to use it for?."

The guy explained that he was going to use it to file off part of the beak of his parrot.

The clerk said "You can't do that, the parrot will starve!"

The guy said "I didn't ask for advice, just a file!"

So he bought a file and went home.

A couple of weeks later he was back at the hardware store and ran into the same clerk.

The clerk asks "So hows the Parrot?"

The guy says "Oh, he died."

The clerk says "HA!!! I told you he would starve without his beak!!!"

The guy says " You don't know anything. He was already dead when I took his head out of the vise!"

5 comments:

Rick said...

Hey! I know that guy!

Al said...

Any resemblance to a certain tall blond bass player is strictly coincidental

Daphnewood said...

eeeewwwwwww! That was really bad, Al! Where do you hear such jokes? I am a VERY visual person.

Al said...

D: That one is so old I don't even remember where I heard it, but it is just the sort of twisted humor that sticks in my brain.

Al said...

Denny: glad you enjoyed it. Not everyone does.