Thursday, September 14, 2006

Hump Day

If Mrs A. and I can just make it through today,Ii believe we will be over the hump. The kids went down to Sumner and got the trailer yesterday. They are getting a heck of a deal. It is a 30' Fleetwood travel trailer, complete with working appliances. I was afraid they would end up in some 12' tin can. At least now they have something worth working on.

They are moving the rest of their stuff today, and I am giving them the rest of the money so they can get the trailer moved into a trailer park.

Mrs A and I have an appointment with a therapist this afternoon. She feels a need to have things validated by someone outside the situation. I feel no such need, but if that is what it takes to help her, I'm all for it. Having worked in the field myself, I have no illusions about what can or cannot be accomplished by therapy, but if it makes her feel more secure in her choices, it certanly can't hurt.

The upside is that I get to take off work a couple of hours early.

Too bad it is raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock.

3 comments:

Daphnewood said...

that is a texas saying! except they say "piss". I know this because the hubby is texan and says that phrase all the time. The one I hate most of all "slicker than owl s---" what does mean? It has no purpose whatsoever.

Al, I am glad everything is going better on the home front.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

A few hours off work is DEFINITELY an upside...:)

Al said...

Daphnewood: When you get down to it, what id the flat rock thing all about? It must also be a New Mexico saying, because I got it from my dad's side of the family, and that's where they were from.

PQ: Good to hear from you. Hope your situation is improving, and it was beautiful yesterday afternoon. We went out for Thai food after and a nice long drive in the country.