Friday, September 15, 2006

A Ray of Sunshine

The clouds for the moment have lifted, and a solitary ray of sunshine has found its way through the overcast and lit up our little corner of the world for at least this brief moment.

And the weather's not bad either.

Mrs. A came away from out counselling appointment yesterday feeling much better about everything. She really needs to have her actions validated by a Professional. I tell her the exact same things the Therapist does, but because I am sitting on the same side of the room as her, my words just don't carry the same weight.

At any rate, the weather was beautiful. The hard rain had cleared the air of all the pollen and pollutants, and the sun was shining in that half hazy end of summer light that seems to carry all sorts of subliminal messages. It probably has something to do with the change of seasons bringing out some ancestral migration urge.

We went in to Redmond Town center. Several years ago they built this huge area that is all upscale shops, restaraunts, craft stores. The have a real nice All-you-can-eat Sushi place called Todai's. I have been trying to get Mrs. A to go there, but she isn't as enthusiastic about sushi as I am. (BTW for all you troglodites not all sushi is raw fish).

At any rate, when we got to the map, I noticed that there was a Thai Ginger place, so we elected go there. The food was great.

We took the long way home, around Lake Samamaish. The sun was low in the sky and being reflected off of the lake. The air was still and we were in no hurry. It was beautiful. Too bad I didn't bring the camera.

When we got home, the kids were moved out, so now it is just Carol and me and Vinnie. Carol and I got up this morning with smiles on out faces. Vinnie is a teenager, so to him morning is an evil thing.

I sure hope the little ray of sunshine hangs around.

4 comments:

Daphnewood said...

well all sushi might not be fish but it sits next to other raw fish sushi and gets contaminated ;)

I hope your sunshine stays a while too!

Al said...

Not all of it is raw. Some of it is cooked. I would gather that you are one of them that figure that raw fish is bait, not food.

I'll eat your share.

Michael said...

Thai Ginger is a good place... I've eaten at there! ;-)

Al said...

Michael: I had only been to the one in Factoria, and it is real good. Since I liked it so well, figured I would try thhis one, and I was not disappointed.