Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Welcome back Blogger

For the last couple of weeks, Blogger has not allowed me to access the site from work. Don't ask me why.

I felt like someone stole my binkie, and I didn't have my blankie to console me.

Today everything has returned to the status quo (you notice I didn't say normal).

The deck is done. Yesterday, Mrs A and I went out looking for outdoor furniture for the deck. We found a very nice aluminum and wood table and chairs marked down from $699 to $349 on an end-of-season sale. Unfortunately it had no umbrella, and they were all out of replacements. They suggested I go straight to the manufacturer.

So we had hamburgers outside on the deck last night, and it made it worth all the hard work and cusswords. I hope my neighbors have recovered from the shock and the blue sulfurous cloud that hung over that corner of the house during construction.

So long to Steve Irwin, who was way too cocky and obviuosly took too many risks, but entertained millions of nature lovers. He will be missed.

2 comments:

Rick said...

Blue sulfur?
Let's start a pool... how long before the first Steve Irwin joke?

Al said...

Natural gas burns with a blue flame, right? And sulfhur dioxide gas is what gives it the rotten-egg smell.....

We'd probably be way too late on the Steve Irwin pool.