Friday, July 11, 2008

Anticipation

My feet are in the chocks, and my knuckles are on the line. The gun is in the air.

I hope to get off to a good start to a great weekend.

The fenders for the Jensen Healey are due in today. This means I will have turned the corner from tearing things apart, and will be puting things back together. If I can get the Dellortos tuned right, I may actually be able to move it under it's own power.

I sold my old big screen to L & L a couple of months back for $150.00. Of course I have never seen a penny of the money. So they are coming over this weekend to work off the debt. It will be like having my own two personal slaves for the weekend. The siding on the south side of the house needs some work. I have the siding, so it's just a matter of getting someone up a ladder, someone preferably not me.

The back yard is being take over by blackberry bushes, and someone needs to gird their loins and get into battle gear. They bite back. that someone is preferable not me.

And last but certainly not least, since the bird rolls out of the factory on Monday, I don't know where I am going to be next week. It was promised that my assignment to second shift was temporary, but I have had temorary assignments that lasted over five years. I sent a whiney bitchy e-mail to my boss the other day complaining that I had no idea what was going on. I now have an appointment with him when I get to work today.

Hang on to your hats, the ride may get a little bumpy.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I need a personal slave to help with my lab work. Are they available for hire at obscenely low rates?

Al said...

Sarah: As I remember, they oulawed slavery around here some time ago, but if you take your lab offshore, I'm sure we coul find something........