Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Where has everybody gone?

Over the last year or so, a lot of people have dropped from sight on the Blogosphere.

Denny Shane had a massive stroke and disappeared. Fish tapered off and more or less quit. Already a Legend slowed and came to a complete stop. Daphnewood went and got a job, so she didn't have time for us anymore. And here lately, Mr. Fabulous got burned out and went away with a promise to return, but you know how it goes. They promise they'll write, but they never do.

I know I should update my sidebar, but removing them seems so FINAL.

From time to time I check and see if by chance they have returned. It's like walking down a hallway in your head, with doors on either side. You go to a room, open the door, and the room is just as they left it, but there's nobody home.

I know I have been guilty of sporadic posting as well. I plead guilty uner mitigating circumstances. Working sixty hours a week for weeks on end will do that to you.

12 comments:

Rick said...

Workin' for a livin' drains the humor outta me. And if I can't have humor, neither can you.

Al said...

Wait, wait, let me go ove to No Celery Please and borrow her Purple Violin.

The Ferryman said...

I like to think that a little bit of me is always here with you, my friend. I am like Jesus in that regard.

A funny thing happened when I stopped blogging at Pointless Drivel. I didn't miss it at all.

I still blog a little on Directives.

And I may well be back one day. I purchased a domain with my name, and if I ever sell the book, I will be starting that up, and that may have a little blog along with it.

Let's do lunch!

Al said...

Mr. Fab: It wasa my daily routine to always reas yor blog last. Like saving a place for dessert.

Any time you are in Latteleand, give me a buzz and we'll do lunch. I'll even buy.

Good to hear from you.

sue said...

I have bloggers like that, too. Sometimes they do surprise me and come back... and then I feel badly that I didn't check more often as I miss some stuff!

I think the summer slump is here, in my case. :) I'll be back in full form soon. I hope.

Al said...

Sue: Good to hear from you. I was beginning to think I had done something to piss you off.

Michael said...

Blogging does seem to follow a cycle of sorts... it does often get harder to blog regularly when it's nice enough to actually go outside for a change! ;-)

Al said...

Michael: I hear you there. The fenders are supposed to be in for the Jensen Healey on Friday, and you can bet there won't be a lot of time for blogging when they get here.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I just posted today about my lack of posting lately. Next week, I promise to try and be a good Peanut Queen and blog every day! ;)

Al said...

PQ: A day without the PQ is a day without sunshine!

Brent Diggs said...

Writing is exhaustin...it's exausti...sorry, too tired.

Al said...

Brent: Ii like the word "exhaustipated". Too tired to give a shit.