Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Life's Uncertain

We were to move yesterday to our new digs down at work. It has been delayed by a couple of weeks. No big deal to me, although it would be nice to actually have a desk. I have been working off of a table with a docking station for about three months.

We were also going to go back over to the Commercial side of the house on the 14th, and I was supposed to go back on days. It now looks like that won't happen. They have requested that we stay out on the P8-A line until the bird takes off to go over the hill to Seattle.

Bummer. I was looking forward to returning to a normal life (as much as mine is ever a normal life). I haven't heard yet of a new date, but it might be as late as the middle of August.

They have delayed the roll-out for a week, due to some problems with functional test, and some parts shortages. The shortage is for about ten parts. Out of the million plus parts that make up an airplane, 10 isn't a whole lot, but as the saying goes, there are no unimportant parts on an airplane.

At least things have slowed down to the point where I can take off weekends.

Yesterday was V's sixteenth birthday. Two more years and he will be able to move out. I'm not rushing him or anything, but it would be nice to have it just Mrs A and I. I'm tired of being responsible for other people.

I'm not even sure if I should be responsible for myself.

2 comments:

rennratt said...

Here's to working a five day week!

The years go by quickly, my friend. The stability and safety that you are giving V now will take him far.

I don't think that the responsibility ever really goes away. It CHANGES, to be sure. But it never really leaves.

Happy holidays, my friend.

Al said...

Renn: I now I have providid him with a stable and safe place to be and I feel good about it.

And here's to a three day weekend!

Hope your was happy and safe!