Thursday, July 17, 2008

Taking a Mini-Break

The bird was dragged, kicking and screaming into the light of day yesterday morning at 6:55.

I got the essential stuff moved (including myself), like the coffee machine and water cooler. Then I left. Until next Monday. As in Vacation.

So many thing to do. Today we are going to wander the waterfront, have lunch at Ivar's, go up to the Pike Place Market, and maybe go hit The Seattle Art Museum (the have an expressionist painting exhibit). Maybe hit a blues club.

Tomorrow is my birthday, so we are going to a movie, then dinner. They are opening a new movieplex at the mall, so it will be grand opening and my birthday. Maybe I can score some free popcorn or something. I think we will go see Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skulls.

The house and yard need a lot of work, since working seven days a week is not condusive to yard maintenance. IS NOT . Which of you in the back said Procrastinate? I'd come kick your ass, but I have more important things to do.

So all that stuff I have been puting off has come due.

But first the Waterfront and the Market.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Enjoy your break, and have a very, merry, wonderful, happy birthday!!!

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR ALSTUFF,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOOOOOU!

Al said...

Sarah: Thank you. it will be wonderful just to be home and with my sweetie.

PQ: OH, my ears! You were more than a little flat there at the end.
But thanks anyway!