Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Switchover

Changing back to days is a little harder than I thought it would be. I had gotten used to staying up until one or two in the morning. Going to bed at 9:00 is dificult, so last night I had a nice big glass of brandy right before I went to bed. I figured that would push me over the edge and into lala land.
Wrong.
What it did was give me killer heartburn.
As a result I am wandering around in a daze. 20oz of diet Coke with Lime keeps me moving, but this afternoon may require an energy drink.

6 comments:

Rick said...

Dude, brandy is to be taken in shot glasses, not beer glasses. Except, of course, on Friday nights.

Al said...

Rick: Au Contraire, Brandy is taken in snifters. To better appreciate the fragrance and color. But I think you are only supposed to put a little on the bottom, not fill it up.

Rick said...

See, I would've known that, if I'd ever used a glass. I took mine straight outta the brown paper bag.

Al said...

Rick: Of course there's something to be said taking it straight.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

People use glasses to drink bandy? Wow.....I just slug it straight from the bottle. ;)

I popped me two Benadryl last night and then topped that off with about five beers and I was out like a light by 10:00.

Of course this morning, my head feels like someone filled it with helium but at least I got a good nights sleep.

Al said...

PQ: I have arthritis in my neck, and I have some muscle relaxers for when it gets bad. As they make me real groggy sometimes they get used as sleep aids. The are especially effective when combined with a couple of brewskis