Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cruising

The parts for my Dellorto Carbs for Frankenhealey were mailed yesterday. Hopefully they will arrive before the weekend, so I can get the carbs rebuilt this weekend, and maybe moving under it's own power.. Maybe I can get Mrs A. to record that moment for posterity.
Of course the list of honey-do's comes first. I think this weekend I need to tackle the siding on the south side of the house. A couple of boards are badly cupped, and although I understand that it in no way effects their functioning (keeping water out) they bug the crap out of Mrs A, and she therefore bugs the crap out of me.
V. is off at his dads for three weeks, and although he is no trouble most of the time, you always have to be aware of where he is and what he is doing, so this is a chance to turn off the radar and shut down a couple of warning systems.
Set the throttle on cruise control.

6 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

It's nice to shut er' down every once in a while, no? ;)

Al said...

PQ: Yeah, and this time it's for three weeks! Plus things at work are slow.

Anonymous said...

With V gone and switching things at work... you won't know what to do with yourself!!

Al said...

NCP: I've got a few ideas. Many of them involve Mrs A. But I guess that's not doing something with myself............

rennratt said...

Down time is great!

I'm guessing that you will have a grand to-do list for the next few weeks.

Al said...

Renn: The list is long and varied. Sometimes it is so intimidating, I just have to sit down and ignore it......