Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back in the Real World.

Well, I am back on dayshift, and tomorrow I am moving back to my old desk.

The first bird is expected to roll out tonight or tomorrow morning, so once it rolls, I wouldn't have anything to do until October. So I am going back to my old desk and my old group until then.

It won't be real difficult to go back to first shift. After all, I have spent the last 28 years on first shift, but still..... that obnoxious buzz of tha alarm clock is a sound I have not missed in the last couple of months.

I did kinda hit the wall about lunch time, but I curled up and took a half an hour nap, and was ready to go. I was supposed to have this week off, but since they are moving the group, I suddenly find that I am in charge of the move.

4 comments:

sue said...

Of COURSE you are...

Good luck with the move back. :)

Al said...

Sue: Everything is going smoothly so far. They rolled out the first P8-a at 6:55 this morning, and I am all moved over to the old area. Have to go back to make sure all of the equipment is accounted for.

rennratt said...

Lord, I hope you get hazard pay for your job.

Al said...

Renn: Not so's you'd notice.