Monday, January 19, 2009

F$%^ing Internet

I have been fighting with my Internet connection for months.
Literally months.
Multiple calls to Comcast. A couple of service calls.
I called and bitched yesterday, and told them that if the couldn't fix their problem, I would go find another service provider. They credited me with a month's service, and the Tech came out today. He replaced every splice and connection between where the cable comes to my house and the modem, as well as all the terminations for the TV.
Twenty minutes after he left, we lost service. The tech said if we had another problem, it had to be at the pole, which has to be accessed from the next street over.
Not my problem.
As soon as the service went out, I called Comcast and let them know. They will be sending out a service tech again on Wednesday.
As soon as I got off the phone, service came back.
Everything will probably be fine when the service tech shows up on Wednesday.
Ah, the wonders of modern technology.

1 comment:

ComcastCares1 said...

Sorry for the intermittent service. We will certainly have one of our technicians take a closer look at the problem and prevent it from reoccurring. Will you let me know the phone number on the account so that we can investigate?

Best Regards,

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com