Monday, January 12, 2009

Last Moving (for now)

I put the canopy back on the truck, evicting a couple of pallets, and we went off to move the last of R's stuff from Tacoma. Everything went smoothly, and we were back home and unloaded in about three hours.
Mrs A. had a great time playing with "i". In the last couple of weeks he has gotten the whole crawling and pulling himself up and standing by himself thing down pat. They had a great time playing fetch with the dog.
At work today, I managed to scrounge up enough equipment to get the two work stations working out on the floor. Now if we would just get a couple of chairs. I have alreaady committed to work Saturday. And so it begins. From here on out through the middle of April, it will probably be seven days a week, with maybe every third Sunday off.
While I am excited to get back to the chaos and pressure, I feel like I am waiting and holding my breath, knowing the storm will come.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seven days a week! I am fainting just thinking about it.

Al said...

NCP: This is round two of a long process. The preliminary order is for six aircraft, but long term it will be for over 100. I will retire before it is done. I am already committed to work Saturday this week, and the plane doesn't even load until Friday.

Sarah said...

Good lord! I hope they pay you well for that!

Al said...

Sarah: Time and a half for Saturday, double time for Sunday. It allows me to buy parts for my soerts car without straining the budget.