Sunday, January 25, 2009

On Sunday?!?!?

Yep.
I am down here at work on Sunday.
And will probably be here seven days a week for a quite a while. like until April. While it sucks to be working on the weekend, it does have it's positive side.
Time and a half Saturday, double time Sunday.
I'm not in it just for the money, however. I genuinely love what I do. The weekends are good, because there aren't a lot of managers around, so there is less feeling of someone looking over your shoulder. And there are a couple of managers that get off on doing things like timing people's potty breaks. Fortunately I don't work for any of them. I can kinda tell them to go stuff it if they get in my face. And have.
Once this week, one of them snuck up behind me when I was at lunch and made a remark that if I was going to play solitaire, they could just send me back to the office. After looking him in the eye, I pointed to the time on the computer screen. See the time? It is 11:35. I have a 40 minute lunch break, which begins at 11:00..
Hey, I was just giving you shit!
And I'm giving it right back! And by the way, I get an extra three minutes on my lunch break, since you disturbed me during lunch.
It was all done in humor, but does remind me that they have their eye on me.
So today I am here, wearing about a half a dozen different hats, weaving back and forth between jobs, and pretty much enjoying myself.
And earning a little money towards a vacation when the current bird leaves the factory.
I stopped and bought myself some 5 Hour Energy last night. I'm OK at the moment, but if I hit the wall this afternoon, I'll try it out. It is mainly Vitamin B12. Maybe I should go on line and see what massive doses of B12 will do for (or t0) you.
Time to get back at it.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'd be interested in how well that stuff works. Hope you make it through all the weeks until April without singly-handedly supporting the company, though!

Anonymous said...

Let us know about the vitamin boost... I wouldn't mind having a little enrgy bomb in my arsenal...

Al said...

Sarah: I am kinda buzzed, when I would be usually dragging butt.

NCP: So far so good. I am a little bit more "energized" than I like. Maybe next time I will try a half a bottle.