Monday, January 26, 2009

First Place!

A Regional Debate Tournament was held at The Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma last weekend.
V. took first place.
I am so proud of him! It only goes to show what he can do if he puts his mind to it.
Now if we could just get him to transfer some of that focus to the rest of his studies.
He is due to go to Stanford for a tournament in two weeks. All the details are mighty sparse, except the part where I pay for airfare and food. We have to book the flight. There are a couple of impediments. First of all, his ability to participate hinges on his Final in one of his subjects. The teacher just got married and is on his honeymoon, so we won't know if he is eligible until later this week. Then the whole trip is still under budgetary review, and we won't know for sure that the funds have been approved until the 29th.
All of this translates into our not being able to book a flight until the last minute. Which, of course, translates into more expense.
It's not the money. It just should have all been thought out and planned well in advance.
I guess it shows that I am not a real impulsive person.
I love a well thought out plan.
I just very seldom see one.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations to V!!! How incredibly awesome!!

Good luck with all the planning and contingencies, and if something happens and he needs a friendly (if strange) face and/or a local number, just let me know. Or even someone to cheer him on in person.

Al said...

Sarah: Thanks for the offer. Right now I know almost nothing of his iernerary or shedule. I'll keep you posted when I find anything out for sure.

Anonymous said...

SOmetimes the "last minute deals" on Travelocity beat anything you can book in advance...

Al said...

NCP: I have used Travelocity for the last couple of years, and have never had a problem. I will probably use them for this when the details line out a little more.