Sunday, January 11, 2009

More Moving

I am helping R move the last of her stuff today from Tacoma. It is going in out basement for now. This of course means I get to move it at least one more time after this.
This is the result of owning a pickup truck. I wanted a truck to haul things to the dump, and go get pellets for the pellet stove. I forgot that it also means that everyone you know will have a moment when they remember "Hey, Al has a pickup!"
They also usually do not have Insurance. I am a generous, caring supportive person, but when it comes to loaning my truck to an uninsured person, I have to draw the line. There is just too much at risk.
So this morning I have to go out and put the canopy back on the truck, since it is raining out and most of the stuff we will be moving is in cardboard boxes. Then the drive down to Tacoma, and unloading.
Mrs A will have babysitting duties, so we need to make this a quick trip. Last time, "i" figured out that mom was gone after about two hours, and he really pitched a fit. Hope Mrs A. doesn't have to go through that again.
The water is finally receding. There was no way out of Latteland except for airplane for a bout a week. No way over the mountains, no way south. Lots f rivers here recorded historical high levels. Landslides and avalanches. No one in my family was in any immediate danger, and I don't know of any crisis, so we weathered the last month well, if not entirely pleasantly.
The last month has certainly been interesting and entertaining, if not entirely pleasant.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sometimes getting through things is an achievement all in itself. Hope the moving/babysitting goes well!

Al said...

Sarah: Piece of cake!