Friday, July 28, 2006

Friday is finally here

This week seems like it was about ten days long. It is hard to believe that one week ago today I was still in Mexico, and all that went on from there.

I didn't write anything in my blog yesterday, because things were just WAY too busy. I had just transitioned to a new job. and since I was no longer directly supporting the shop, had adjusted my start time from 6:00 to 7:00 so I could grab an extra hour in the morning in the sack.

Well the first day that I started my new shift time, as soon as I got to work, my cell phone rings and it is the shop. Could I come out and go back to my old job as pit boss for a couple of weeks?

I said I would be willing, but they had to go through my new management and get an OK, and I would need to "loan in" while I was there.

So an hour later, there I was back at my old job.

Well, they didn't ask for me to come back because everything was going according to plan. So I was busy scrambling to try to figure out what was going on while handling the new stuff coming in.

This was a real win-win situation for me.

I made brownie points with the shop and shipside support for being willing to come out and support them. I made more brownie points with my management because the shop requested me by name to come out and help, and I was willing to do it. I plan to milk this one for all I can get.

Too bad were not up for salary review right now.

5 comments:

Rick said...

So is this one of those situations where management, in all it's glorious brilliance, decided your previous position was unnecessary?

Al said...

No, I was a volunteer, and when they decided that the slot I occupied needed to be rotated to second shift, I unvolunteered. My replacement's performance was less than stellar.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Hey, it's nice to be indispensable, isn't it?

But it sure would help if they gave you a bit of recognition in the form of extra cash in the ol' paycheck, right? ;)

Al said...

Stacy: sure it would be nice, but if I lived my life expecting other people to make me complete, it would be just me and Mrs A, against the world, and there's a whole lot more of them. than us.
(for now)
I expect a Peanut Queen Revolution any time now.

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »