Monday, July 03, 2006

Hectic!

Things always get busy this time of year. This weekend and the upcoming weeks are no exception.

Saturday was V.s fourteenth birthday, so he had some friends over for pizza and sodas, and they played x-box for six solid hours. I got out a book and retired to the music room, where I was far enough away to escape the bubble and boil, but close enough to make sure nothing burned. All in all, it was a successful day.

We also gave L. her birthday present, which was a couple of days early, her b-day being today. They wanted to go camping, and we bought them a full camping set, which included about everything except the reservations. It was a cool set, but of course this being an extended weekend for a lot of people, they couldn't find an open place, everything already being full.

Sunday was Church and grocery shopping, plus I took V down to the Mall to spend his birthday money. While I was there I picked up a computer game (Heroes of Might and Magic V) and a book (Whistling Season by Ivan Doig). We also went to the Asian market to get the ingredients for egg rolls, which we are going to bring to a party on the 4th.

So we need to make the egg rolls tonight for consumption tomorrow. I also need to get in touch with the band and get a case of CDs to take to Mexico, since we are leaving on the 14th.

Thursday is my last day at my present job, and Friday I transition to my new job, which has been pretty poorly defined. Guess I'll find out what it entails when I get there. I guess I'll be writing processes and Procedures for MMA.

I still haven't figured out when I will find the time to tear off the deck and build the new one off of the living room, but hopefully before the summer is over.

And I still haven't had time t get started putting the ground effects kit on the Z.

2 comments:

Rick said...

Poorly-defined jobs can be a blessing, if you can hang onto one long enough to become a mystery. I've outlived the manager who created mine, and two managers since. Now, nobody knows what I do and they're too proud to admit it. When asked, I use the Dilbert Mission Statement Generator to reply. And they BUY IT every time!
http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/games/career/bin/ms.cgi

Al said...

Doublespeak is a language that has a lot of uses. If you can't dazzle them with the facts, confuse them wuth the doublespeak.