Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Redeye!

There are a lot of people stumbling around with red eyes this morning for various reasons, myself included. Some of the reasons are:

1) Lack of sleep. I know it sounded like a war zone last night, and it didn't taper off until after midnight.

2) consumption of massive amounts of alcohol.

3) close range contact to smoke from various exploding or sparking substances.

4) inhaling illegal herbal substances.

5) all of the above.

I am guilty of numbers one and three. I would like to think I have outgrown numbers two and four, but we are all one moment away from our next Homer moment.

If overindulgence in good food could cause red eyes, I would be guilty of that also. I brought egg rolls, of course. Each time I go to a potluck, I make a few more in the hopes that there will be a couple left over that I can take home. So far I am batting a big zero.

We all made it through with all of our parts intact, although V. was doing a study of the difference between Black Cat and Titanium firecrackers, and to his dismay found the Black Cat fuses burned a a much quicker rate. His fingers are smarting and his ears are ringing, but no permanent damage.

Hope everyone out there had a glorious Fourth and came through it in good shape.

No comments: