Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Pushin' the Limits

I am not a person that is satisfied to sit in a chair and watch TV and look out at life passing by on the street. So I tend to try and challenge myself to do things that are not easy for me.

Oh, I don't mean jump off of buildings or free climb mountains. I have done those things before, but I am getting a little long in the tooth for those kinds of physical challenge.

I mean other kinds of challenges, like going to Mexico on a mission with the church. For me this is pushing the envelope in a totally different way. Part of it has to do with puting myself under someone elses control, which has always been an issue for me. And getting up in front of a group and doing testimony makes my knees quiver. But I don't let that stop me.

Getting involved with Morning Light and helping with Prison Ministry was a push, but on the other hand there aren't a lot of people willing to take on that job. The right message to the right group at the right time could do more to change peoples lives than anything else I could be involved in.

Life is a journey, and the path is always there if we will just have faith and take the first step. But that first step is always the hardest.

I am taking tomorrow off, to finish packing and take care of last minute business. I went out and got a case of CDs from Morning Light last night to distribute among the young people when we go on our mission.

I pulled a muscle in my shoulder last night helping April unload a keyboard from her car. I keep forgetting that I had surgery on my shoulder last October, and it keeps reminding me that I am not quite ready to use it like I used to. Getting closer all the time.

Lots of stuff to double check before we take off on Friday.

6 comments:

Rick said...

Godspeed my friend, and don't drink the water. ;-)

Al said...

Bottled water. That's the ticket. And don't eat anything from the little stands in town. You know, Montezuma's revenge aka the Tiajauna Two Step.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

"Life is a journey, and the path is always there if we will just have faith and take the first step."

Words to live by...:)

Be careful and have a good time...and watch out for that shoulder! :)

Al said...

That first step can be a real doozie!
I have a problem remembering that the shoulder is bad until AFTER I do something stupid.

Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » »