Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sunday Blog

I don't normally blog on Sunday, because I am generally too busy on the weekends to take the time to sit down at the computer and write anything.

Today is different for a couple of reasons.

I had to run Mrs. A. in to the Emergency room last night.

She brought home a case of Montezuma's Revenge with her from Mexico. She has had a case of the scoots since the middle of the night on Friday, and is still wearing a path in the carpet from the bedroom to the bathroom. She has been miserable, and the fact that the temperature has been in the high 90's has not helped the situation.

She was so weak and miserable last night that I called the Consulting Nurse for Group Health, and she recommended that I take her in just to double-check and get her rehydrated and get her Electrolites ballanced.

Any thime you have to go to the Emergency room, it is a pain in the ass (and after almost 40 hours of the scoots, that is literal). So they put her on an IV and checked her out. Everything is fine, but she is still doin' the Tiajuana Two-step. Sure hope she will be better soon.

Besides being at the hospital until midnight, I got a call from The Lazy B this morning, and they needed me to come in to work to straighten out some Electrical problems.

The rules are that if they call you in on your day off, they have to pay you for four hours if you are there for more than a half an hour. Sunday is also double time, so basically I got 8 hours pay for a couple of hours work.

Since I only live about ten minutes from the plant and I wasn't up to doing much anyway, I went in to our nice air-condiotioned office and worked for a couple of hours.

Now nobody expects me to do anything because I am tired from the trip, and had to work besides.

I think I need to go rehydrate.

Otra Cervesa Por Favor!

3 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oooo...poor Mrs. A! Hope she gets to feeling better pretty soon...I HATE the Tiajuana two-step!!!

And don't forget to post those pics...I can't wait to see them!

Glad you're back! :)

Al said...

I downloaded the pics to the computer at home and made a disc to bring to work, but forgot it, so maybe tonight I can get around to uplading some pictures to mu blog. Good to be home!

Anonymous said...

Such a cozy place to visit!
- alstuff.blogspot.com c
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma