Saturday, July 29, 2006

We're all Bozos on this bus

Which was the title of a Firesign Theater album (remember albums: big black discs that used a special rotating platter to produce music?)

At any rate, we're all crazy. I'm crazy, you're crazy, and the people next door are for sure crazy. As my mom used to put it "Everyone's crazy except for you and me, and I'm not so sure about you."

Some crazy dude in downtown Seattle went into a Jewish center, yelled that he was pissed at Israel and started shooting women.. Killed one and injured five, a couple of them critically. Boy that sure showed them Israelis.

For the first time in a long time V. is spending the weekend with his dad. His dad's new wife is crazy. She had started telling us how to do things. And I don't mean advice, it was orders. When she started telling us how to raise V. I called her on it, told her that she wasn't Vs mom. That didn't go well, but it is the truth. Besides, the woman has never raised a child so she doesn't know what she is talking about.

At any rate, N. called to double check that everything was OK about him picking up V. I said, sure, no problem, but I could hear her in the background "Since we aren't family he needs to give us a written statement that it is OK for us to have V."

When this was relayed to me my reply was short:

"HORSESHIT!!" and that is a quote. Who the hell does she think she is telling me what to do.

Mrs A. found it highly amusing.

All crazy.

Every one.

6 comments:

Rick said...

Hey, am I the only reader to get both references (albums and Firesign Theater)? Just curious. ;-)

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Well, I remember albums...I still even have a few...:)

And I think you put V's new wanna-be mom in her place....well done!

And yes, I am certifiable....is it that obvious? ;)

Al said...

I still own a couple of hundred albums and a Technics quartz drive turntable. Remember when turntables were used for making musig not stupid noises?

Daphnewood said...

Al, that wife of N.'s is really really immature. She needs to grow up a whole lot before she should even START thinking about being a mom.

And I don't think you are crazy. But you were right to question my sanity ;)

Daphnewood said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Al said...

Anyone who can't question their own sanity, probably IS crazy.