Friday, July 07, 2006

New digs

I am at a new job and new location starting today. So far I have managed to unpack, hook up the phone, hook up the computer and process one item for the group. Not bad for a couple of hours.

It is downright painful to try to remember how to do some of this stuff. The information eventually works its way to the surface, but it is more like a splinter that has to fester and work its way to the surface than an information retrieval system.

As I put it this morning "The storage system functions perfectly, but the information retrieval system seems to have broken down".

I am leaving at lunch. Mrs A and I are going to see a counselor to get some advice as to what would be the best approach towards our freeloading children.

I know, I know. Kick their ass out.

4 comments:

Rick said...

You've had a busy day already. I'd be curious to know what the local Dr. Phil has to say. My kid left the house in handcuffs, but he actually listens to me now. ;-)

Al said...

Rick: Last time R. did this she ended up in jail for three days. This time, who knows.

Denny: All I know how to do at this point is keep on keeping on. Hopefully they all will work things out. We have a plan, but there is a hell of a difference between having a plan and having it work.
Hope I don't have to move to Houston for that to happen.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

New job? New location? Counseling?

Sheesh...you HAVE been busy, haven't you?

How goes it?

Al said...

And leaving of a MIssion to Mexico with our Church on Friday.

If nothing else, like is full!

Missed you!