Monday, February 05, 2007

Charlie Musselwhite


Friday night was the Charlie Musselwhite show at the Kirkland Performance Center. Charlie and his band are on tour to promote his new CD "Delta Hardware Co." the CD has been nominated for eight Handy awards.

The show was everything I expected and more.

First of all, Charlie is Charlie, and if you know enough about Blues to hook up to one of his shows, you are going to get what you expect to get. He is comsumately Professional. He can take a simple piece of steel and reeds and turn it into a mighty communication tool of magical proportions. The thing about any CD is that it doesn't have the soul of the moment in it. The solos, audience participation. Even a live album can't really catch the essence of the moment.

What surprised me was the quality of his band. They were excellent, Chris "Kid" Andersen is an amazingly accomplished guitarists, and his solos brought as much response from the audience as did Charlie's. The drummer and bass player provided solid backup.

The only things that were not perfect were the sound system, which had some feedback problems, and the fact that although they were on stage for an hour and a half, I WANTED MORE!!!

5 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Glad you enjoyed it!

I SO wanted to go to the Jimmy Buffett concert this Thursday...but for good seats they wanted $126.00 a pop!!!

Eh, that's okay...I'm saving up my concert points with The PK so I can go to Evanescence when they come to town...;)

Al said...

The tickets for Charlie Musclewhite were only $30.00, and we were row f, center stage (Like six rows back) and about at eye level.

rennratt said...

Sounds like a great time.

I would love to attend a blues concert - just to see what it's like.

rennratt said...

Sorry, Al. I think I was around 9 when The Blues Brothers came out. I've always meant to watch it...

Al said...

Renn: OUCH! I feel positively ancient. I figured that it had been on TV so many times that everyone had seen it. Of couse the TV version is ususlly so chopped up that it barely makes sense.