Tuesday, February 27, 2007

DR.

Had to go visit the Dr. today.

I have been experiencing some numbness in my thumb and forefinger, along with a shooting pain down my right arm when I turn my head to the right at a certain angle.

No big deal, although it is a little weird working with my hands. This is not unusual for me. I injured my upper back/neck in high school and have experienced the same thing before. If I sleep wrong, it starts happening, but after a couple of days it works its way out. This time it has been a week, and Mrs A. nagged me into seeing the Doc.

I told the Doc I have a pinched nerve in my neck, and it should get better. She looked me over and agreed, said to take Ibuprofin. I asked if Naproxin Sodium woud do the same thing, she said for some people.

The thing about Naproxin Sodium, is that it lasts 12 hours, Ibuprofin for 4 to 6. When I take Tylenol or Ibuprofin they last for 4 to 6, and I wake up at 3 to 4 and have to take something else, but when I am awake, I have a hard time getting back to sleep. Much better to take something that lasts 12, if it works. Guess I'll be experimenting for the next couple of days.

I was supposed to get an x-ray, but by the time I got to the x-ray department, it was closed. Guess I'll have to go tomorrow. I hate to go back, but what the hell. I really don't think they can do anything for me, but I'll go through the motions.

I'm just getting old.

No whining here. Getting old beats the hell out of the alternative.

6 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Sure does beat the alternative, don't it? :)

Hope you're feeling better and got a decent nights sleep!

Rick said...

I hear ya. I can tell the damn warranty ran out 'cuz parts are startin' to wear out.

Michael said...

This is a convoluted scheme to avoid finishing the kitchen floor, isn't it?

;-)

Al said...

PQ: Got six hours of sleep last night instead of five. Gonna try the Aleve tonight and see if it gets the job done.

Rick: Just so they don't have a recall.....

Al said...

Michael: Damn, you figured it out. At least now I have a doctors excuse.....

An Extraordinary woman in a mediocre life said...

the term getting older should be struck from our language and replaced with: Getting more interesting as time goes by
;)

hipe youre feeling more perky soon

xxxxxxxxxxx