Monday, February 12, 2007

New Bolgger sucks!

Basically because I had no choice, I was forced into the new blogger. I am less than happy with the results.

I cannot access my blog(s) other than at home. At times it is impossible to post comments. When I was assimilated, one of my blogs (STAR) lost significant content. STAR is the book I am working on, and Chapter One just disappeared. I have backup, but that's not the point. What if I didn't? Chaper one is just right.

Had a very nice weekend with Mrs A. I have promised to redo the floor in the kitchen. I had heard of a product that is like Prego, but in immitation stone. Only available by special order from Home Depot. A little expensive, but it is for OUR home, so on Saturday we went to take a look.

We settled on Copper Slate. It is like slate but with tan and orange colors. It will reflect the antique copper handles on the cabinets, while rflecting the Oak cabinets. It should look great. The stuff won't be available for a week to ten days, so I have a momentary respite from the honeydo list. I'm quite sure Mrs A. will find the next thing that needs to be done.

R. called today to tell me she has found a job. I am thrilled. It starts at $11.00 an hour and has full benefits. Paid sickleave and vacation, health coverage, Dental benefits. Please, God, help her through the first couple of weeks.

The whole job thing is such a weird bunch of coincidences that if I didn't already, it might make me believe in God.

More about that later.

5 comments:

Rick said...

Hell, I'm not even on Blooger and it's being a butt.

rennratt said...

Ah! Blogger ate my comment!

However, let me recap:

Check Lumber Liquidators FIRST.

Add approx 10% to your total s/f to include 'waste'. Up to about 15% if installing on diagonal.

Don't forget the underlay pad - or the transitions specially made for this product.

Dry fit prior to install - rough in, not clicked.

Remove appliances first.

This material is relatively easy to install, but generally has a limit of 3 click outs (to replace damaged boards) before the T&G system just bites it and has to be replaced altogether.

Good luck!

Al said...

Renn: Thanks for the advice. I did the floor in the spare bedroom with Pergo a couple of years ago, and learned most of this the hard way. I have planned fot pleanty of extra, The stuff I am using has a buit-in pad.

I got the trim pieces for around the edges. The only thing I will need to get extra is transition plates for where the flooring meets the rug.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Yeah, I hated being forced to change too...but I kinda like it now.

Very cool with the new flooring...it's almost like getting a new house. I remember when we got new carpet at Palace Peanut, I was thrilled. i thought "Oh I LOVE it! I will vacuum it every single day!"

That lasted a whole two days...;)

Yay for R!! Those jobs are VERY few and far between!

Al said...

PQ: The benefits are worth a couple of bucks an hour at least. So glad she has something.