Wednesday, February 14, 2007

V-Day


No big romantic thing today. I have reserved rooms at The Lake Quinault Lodge for the weekend. Mrs A. wanted to have a drink tonight to commemorate the 4th anniversary of my proposal, so I bought her a bottle of the best Rum I could find.


My mom is coming over to take care of V. this weekend, so Mrs A. and I can get away for a quiet weekend by ourselves. I am SO looking forward to a quiet weekend. The nice thing about going away is that you can't feel guilty about sitting around not doing anything if that was the whole purpose of your trip. We will probably go for a nice long walk in the rain, but that is about it.


And NO I'm not going to go into any detail about what other things we have planned!

8 comments:

Michael said...

So what do you consider good rum? I'm a fan of Mount Gay Rum from Barbados myself... ;-)

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Captain Morgans! Captain Morgans!!!! Yum!!! ;)

Well, I hope you and the Mrs.'s have a nice quiet relaxing weekend. And you don't have to tell us what "other" things you have planned but a few pictures would be nice. ;)

My bad....;)

Al said...

Michael: Pyrat is pretty outstanding. Made by the same people that make Patron Tequila.

PQ: Pictures of what??????

rennratt said...

Thank you for NOT sharing.

Have a great weekend!

Al said...

Renn: three days out in the woods at a rusticc lodge. Not for everyone, but heaven to us.

Daphnewood said...

sometimes I think my imagination is worse than the actual truth of a situation. It is like you shared enough to make my mind work itself into a frenzy but you didn't share enough to make it stop and wonder if you are one of those guys with a pierced nipple and a tongue ring looking to get a new tattoo on your butt over the weekend. Not that I am saying that would be my definition of "quiet weekend" but really, it is such a subjective phrase.

Have fun, no matter what tattoo you choose ;)

Al said...

Daphnewood: A little mystery is what makes life interresting, but any tatoos would be temporary and not visible. The only piercing here is one ear ring in the left. After that, use your imagination.

I will........

Al said...

Denny: Beautiful scenery when the weather is good, an awesome lodge when it's not