Monday, February 26, 2007

Updates

Well, I got better than half the kitchen floor done Saturday. It looks real nice, but I wish someone else would volunteer to finish it for me. I took tonight off.

L. finally called her mom on Saturday. They hadn''t talked in several months, and Mrs A. was getting real crazy about it. The last couple of times L. called, Mrs A. didn't want to talk to her, so she was afraid to call again out of fear of rejection.

We had them over to dinner, and everything went OK.

Shortly after they left there was a knock on the door. I answered it, and it was one of R's lifelong friends. She grew up without a dad, so I have been her substitute dad since she was in grade school. She and R. had gotten in a terrible fight, so she was worried about the reception she would get. She got big hugs abd we had an hour and a half of very good conversation. Mrs A really likes her, and was worried about her, since we hadn't heard from her since before Christmas.

So Mrs A awakened this morning with a song in her heart. Unfortunately it made it as far as her vocal chords. I love her dearly, but she can't carry a tune in a bushel basket. She was singing with great gusto, using both her notes. It was great to hear her in such a good mood, and I'm sure the damage to my earbones is not permanent.

4 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

That's too funny! It's nice when they're in a great mood though, isn't it? The PK is the same as Mrs. A though...he can't carry a tune in a bucket...but it always makes me smile when I hear him sing (because he doesn't do it often)....I know he's REALLY happy then! ;)

Rick said...

Gr-r-r-r. Blooger is a real piece of work! I WAS in a singing mood, but no more!

Al said...

PQ: Yeah, it's great when they feel so good they forget they can't sing.

Al said...

Rick: It keeps eating my comments on people's blogs. What a pain in the butt!