Thursday, February 22, 2007

Flooring

In her neverending quest to make sure that I do not waste my life in unproductive pursuits like drinking beer and watching sports or even reading abook, Mrs A. has arranged for the next task that will occupy my other-than-at-work time.

Last fall she decided that we needed new flooring in the kitchen. Although I valliantly attempted to delay this major chore, we went out last week and bought new flooring for the kitchen.

It came in last night, and I went down to Home Depot and picked it up. It is sitting out in the music room, mocking me.

I suggested to Mrs A. that I should take off today to consider the best way to install this flooring. She told me that I want to stay home every day. I said that was fine with me, I could stay home every day if she insisted.

I want to go play with the new flooring, but the packages very plainly state "Not to be opened until the day of usage".

It is free floating composite flooring that snaps together like Pergo, but is made to look and feel like stone. The color is Copper Slate, which has a kinda beige background with copper colored highlights. It will go real well with the white oak cabinets and antique copper handles I put in last winter.

Guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend

6 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Sounds like you're going to be VERY busy! Hope the flooring goes down without a hitch and you actually get some beer and sports time for yourself! :)

Al said...

PQ: As with most things, you just have to take it one step at a time and not rush it. Measure twice, cut once.

Michael said...

I'm told that flooring installs fairly easily... I'm sure it's all relative though, I could probably screw it up royally!

Al said...

Michael: I did an upstairs bedroom in Pergo last year, so I have a little experience. The bedroom came out great, but don't look too close at the edges.....

The kitchen shouldn't be too bad, but of course I will milk it for all it's worth.

rennratt said...

Oh! Fun!

Remember to stock the fridge with your beverage of choice to celebrate when you are done!

Al said...

Renn: Maybe it would be better to wait until I get to a certain point before I get the beverage. Quality falls off rather sharply after three beers. As does the resolve to get back to work.