Friday, February 02, 2007

Not Half Bad

Mrs A. and I have been going to counseling for the last six months or so. It's not that our relationship is bad, it's that there has been soooo much CRAP going on around us that we needed some help staying focused and some validation that the things we were doing were the right things.

Last night was probably our last visit, unless some big crisis slinks over the horizon. Things are going OK. Not that everything is OK, just that we are comfortable with our ability to handle them. The counselor was a big help. He actually enjoyed seeing us, because we were a rare exception, a couple who was pulling together and obviously cared very much for each other, but just were going through some tough times.

So afterwards we went to Redmond Town Center for dinner. It was nice, although the restaraunt was awfully crowded for a weeknight.

Tonight we are going to the Kirkland Performing Arts Center to see Charlie Musselwhite. He is a killer blues harmonica player who has been around forever. I've never seen him in person before although I have three of his CDs. We have also never been to this venue before, so it ought to be a trip.

Hope y'all have a great weekend, and in the words of that 60s band, Canned Heat:

"Don't Froget To Boogie!"

2 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Congrats on your last visit!!! Good for you and Mrs. A.! :)

Hope you both enjoy your evening!

P.S. - They made me switch to the new blogger...and when I did, it blocked my access here at work again with that "Forbidden" message I kept getting before so I have no idea when I'll get to blog again...or comment.

Maybe I should transmorgify the I.T. guys...what do you think??? ;)

Al said...

I'd transmogrify the HELL out of them.

I haven't been forced to change yet. I hate it when they "improve" things when I think they are just fine.