Wednesday, February 07, 2007

MEME

I was tagged by
  • An Exraordinary Woman in an Ordinary life
  • with this MEME.

    The recipient is to reveal five little known facts about his or her self. Got to put my thinking cap on for this one.

    First of all: I am a published poet. Just barely. I have had several things published. Nothing extaordinary, but still, my words on paper, published by someone else. I don't count internet stuff. Some of it I have put here when I run out of anything to say.

    Second: My first love tried to comitt suicide. Took a bottle of pills. It left me devestated for years. I was walking around talking and functioning, but I was in a state of suspended animation. She left a note. It wasn't me she was running from, but her parents. She was 18, I was 19. For years afterwards she was in my mind, and every time I thought of her the bottom dropped out of my stomach and my throat got tight.

    Third: I have actually sold a couple of paintings. I dabble with art. I had a chance to go professional at one point, but I had a family to support, so I went for stability and a reliable paycheck. Every once in a while, I get a wild hair and drag out the art supplies and do something, but it's been a couple of years since I have done anything more advanced than doodles. One of my co-workers once compared my notepads to the journals in MYST. I love doing creative things with my hands. My latest effort was to repair a sadly damaged accoustic guitar. I carved a new nut and bridge out of mamoth ivory, reset the fretboard and restrung it.

    Fourth: I am a voracious reader. I have to have something to read. If I didn't have a book, I'd read Magazines, or newspapers. If I didn't have them, I think I would read soup can labels and cereal boxes. I have read thousands of books, and my library at home contains several hundred.

    Last: I proposed to Mrs A, on Valentines Day. It will be four years next Wednesday. It was at the Lake Quinault Lodge. I have reserved a room there for the weekend after Valentines Day. My mom is going to watch V. that weekend, so we will have a quiet weekend away by ourselves (With our Shi-Tzu Molly, of course). We will be in the boathouse again, since that is the only part of the lodge where you can take a pet.

    Tag, you're it, whoever you are.............

    6 comments:

    rennratt said...

    M'kay!

    It's done!

    Al said...

    Renn: Way to go!

    Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

    Done doodit already...:)

    You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of your paintings, would you? I'd love to see them! :)

    Al said...

    PQ: I'll see what I can dredge up. I still have a couple of things hanging around.

    An Extraordinary woman in a mediocre life said...

    You are quite the talented one arent you...not that I doubted that ;)
    very interesting answers

    xxxxxxxxxx

    Al said...

    EW: I walk upright and everything....not to mention I am mostly housebroken.