Monday, June 18, 2007

Finally

I have finally transferred the title, so I officially own the Vehicle. and it is licensed, so we can go anytime we want. Tomorrow I am having somebody come and take it for servicing. You know, put potable water where it goes, Flush out the lines. Do all the stuff to get it up to speed.

I have spent a couple of hours looking things over and having to admit I know nothing at all. It is humiliating to be confronted with a situation where I can't just go twist some valves and flip some switches and I can get it to go.

Tomorrow it goes in for servicing. I can see hundreds of dollars evaporating from my checking account.

But at the price I got it for, I can spend a couple of grand and still be WAY ahead.

I don't need to go into the whole title transfer bullshit. Sufice it to say that the Fat Cow clerk found a way to inject her way into my conversation with one of her co-workers during said conversation, but told me to "Shut up, I am talking to her."

I did not pull out my Leatherman and perform certain anatomical examinations of her brain, thinking it would be sadly atrophied.

8 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

No way...she said that? Seriously?

Al said...

PQ: Absolutely. That is an exact quote. I was real close to losing it.

Rick said...

I'd report her. They're NOT state employees and therefore have no right to cop an attitude. (State employees, on the other hand, are constitutionally bound to bad attitudes.)

Al said...

Rick: Yeah, the are employed by a franchise, not the state. This particular place (in Renton) is terrible. They even closed them down for a while. Unfortunately they are the closest one around.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Ooo...no, that kind of attitude would be unacceptable...and I work for local government...and you KNOW how us government workers are!!! ;)

Seriously though...there is NO WAY that kind of crap would be tolerated in our offices. No. Way.

Besides, that's just friggin' RUDE, no matter if she were an employee or not, you know what I mean???

Al said...

PQ: The title changing and tabs and trip permit stuff is farmed out via franchise, and those people just dont give a sh*t.

Al said...

He came in through the bathroom window.....

Al said...

Protected by a silver spoon.....