Saturday, June 16, 2007

IT"S HEEEEERE

The Airstream is parked in the driveway. Yesterday was a vey hectic day, Going to work, then meeting Heinz at the crdit union, working out the details of the loan and payment. Go down to the Licensing place for an hour of frustration, get a trip permit, go pick up the RV and drive it home. I was exhausted.

I left the license in a rage. The stupid cow behind the counter could not grasp basic logic. I wanted to change the title and get a trip permit. She told me they wouldn't change the title unless I got the emissions tested. I cried Bullshit. What if the hehicle didn't run? What if it had to be towed home? Would I not be able to EVER get the title unless I got it running?

Need less to say, I didn't win. People with limited intelligence and a complete lack of common sense should never be allowed in positions of petty authority. They are the inflexible beaurocrats that make our lives miserable.

Off with their heads I say!

The Airstream started right up and drove just fine. Unfortunately, it didn't stop so good. There is a probllem with the brakes. They were fine when I started except the brake light did not go out. Then as I drove the pedal faded until by the time I got home, it was almost to the floor.

I need to get out there this morning and check them out. Brakes are rather handy.

Pictures to come soon.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Emissions testing in Washington is such a scam... congrats on the camper though! You are going to have a blast with that thing!

Al said...

Michael: I should have registered it at some address outside King county, then I wouldn'r have had to pass emissions.

Now I have to learn how to operate ll the gizmos.

Al said...

Sneakin' in the back door here