Monday, June 25, 2007

Trip Pics


Here are a few picctures from our trip.

A blue herron feeding in the shallows of Bowman Bay











Bowman Bay














Mrs. A and I












Molly the Road Dog














A goldfinch that visiited our camp













The Airstream




OK, so I screwed up. On our first hike, I forgot the camera, and on the second I forgot the spare batteries, so the camera went dead before we got to the really good stuff.
Pouring rain, thunder and lightning, drizzle, a little sunshine, and a lot of time just by ourselves in the Airstream. It was a wonderful weekend.
The only negative was the speeding ticket I got on the way home.
Yeah, I know. Speeding in an RV. It's not like I was going to escape notice or anything. Big lumbering whale doing 15 over. I couldn't talk my way out of it, and the area is a known speed trap. What can I say. My head was still camping.
Kinda like welcome back to the real world.

9 comments:

Rick said...

Wish I was there, but the shock of coming back is still wearing off. Cops have no sense of serenity.

Michael said...

I'm surprised that thing will go fast enough to get a ticket! Sounds like you had a good time, just too short a trip!

Al said...

Rick: And coming down here to cubicle monotony after the trip was awful hard.

Michael: It was 40 in a 25, but I did have it up to 70 once. Don't think I would want to go much faster than that.

Denny Shane said...

You really hate to come home after a trip like that.

Al said...

Yeah, Denny, I had a very hard time getting out of bed this morning to get off to work

An Extraordinary woman in a mediocre life said...

pretty pictures sweetie... im glad you had a good time.. too bad the normal world has to slink back in eh?

xxxxxxxxx

Al said...

EW: I went to work, but my head was still on vacation. I'm afraid I wasn't a very effective employee.

Reality is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Anonymous said...

nice pictures. It looks so peaceful. I could use a trip like that with no one around except nature. too bad the cop had to ruin it. will you be going out more now that you have the airstream?

Al said...

Daphnewood: I plan to keep it gassed up and ready to go so we can get out of dodge on a moments notice. I need to fix a couple of things on it, but it is sitting in the driveway calling to me.....