Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ghost Rider

So Mrs A and I just watched Ghost Rider.

What could be better for a guy. Flaming skulls and motorcycles, impossible jumps, and my two favorite actors in the whole world.

Nicholas Cage does so many things well, but the schtik as the guy who has shit happen to him and he grinds his way though it and triumphs in the end, he is the best.

Sam Elliot has for a long time been my favorite western actor. As a long time fan of Louis L'Amour, he is the perfect portrayal of Tell Sacket, or any of the traditional western heroes. Plus he was a perfect portrayal of Cher's paramour in Mask.

Throw in a little romance and a good western legend, what more could you ask for.

Mind you it will never make the top 10 films of all time, but given low expectations and a couple of beers, it was real entertaining.

A thumb and a half up.

5 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I'm renting that movie tonight, if I can. It looks kinda funny...and I LOVE Sam's voice. :)

Thanks for the review! :)

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Al said...

PQ: It's good entertainment that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Michael said...

I'll be honest, I didn't like it and I'm a huge Nic Cage fan. I think my main complaint was the fact the fighting scenes weren't so good in my opinion. It could have been so much better. I did like Sam Elliot and his role in this one.

Maybe the problem was I saw it at a press screening and had no alcohol in my system. I should probably get the DVD from Netflix and try it with a rum and coke. ;-)

Al said...

Michael: Like I said, with lowered expectations and a couple of beers it was entertaining as long as you didn't try to make too much of it.