Friday, June 01, 2007

Gone in 60 minutes

About a year ago I bought a toyota for the kids. After I was done with the car, the people asked me, "Hey, do you want a truck? That one over there is free."

So I dragged it home, thinking it would make a good means of taking things to the dump.

I put a battery in it and dumperd some gas in the tank, checked the plugs, distributor cap, points and plugs. Tried it, and it ALMOST ran. I spent a couple of hours trying to figure out why it wouldn't run. Since then it has been sitting in the driveway.

Well, Mrs A and I have an agreement that if I bring a new vehicle home, I need to get rid of one. Since I am buying an RV, I need to make room for it, so I put the truck on Craigslist as a "FREE TRUCK". I had the first call within 15 minutes, and then the phone never stopped for the next several hours.

It was gone from my place within an hour of me getting home from work.

I regretted letting it go, because I am convinced I could have gotten it running, but on the other Mrs A. was glad to see it get towed down the street, and now I have a place to park the Airstream.

When I get it home, pictures will be taken and posted.

4 comments:

Rick said...

The secret to Craig's List is to NOT post your phone number. Before my "Free pool table" had run it's course, I was getting offers of MONEY for it.

Al said...

Rick:I didn't give them my home phone, just my cell phone. After the truck left, I just turned it off (and killed the ad)

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Ooo...pictures! I love pictures! ;)

Glad to hear the truck went so fast. I never ever thought of Craiglist before! We had a bass boat with a 1970 motor on it that was just sitting in our yard and HAD been sitting there for years (we sold it once and the guy paid us but never came back to pick up the boat...he even ended up signing the title back over to us!)

Finally, after I'd pulled weeds almost as tall as me that were growing up off the seats in said bass boat, I said "ENOUGH" and posted it on-line as "FREE BASS BOAT". Within a week, it was gone

EVERYONE loves free stuff! :)

Al said...

PQ: People will come and get stuff that is free even if they have no use for it. I know this from personal experience.