Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Trip

The break-in trip for the Airstream was a total success. A good part of it was to force me to figure out how to run all the stuff. I love to tinker.

So I got the heat, water, electrical, water heater, stove, microwave and fan working. Figured out how to dump the tanks.

I haven't managed to get the fridge or air conditioning working yet. The fridge won't stay running, but I think it's just that it hasn't been used for so long that the lines are filled with air. But it didn't really matter, because I had the beer in a cooler on ice.

Spending four days in a confined space with someone is a good way to test your relationship. We had a great time. just this morning Mrs A said "I want to go out to the Airstream and crawl up to the loft and go back to sleep. Maybe when I wake up I'll be back at the park."

Yesterday I made reservations for Twin Harbors State Park just outside of Westport for a four day weekend in August. Bad location of the hookups (no privacy) but full facilities. Besides the purpose is to go to the Ocean and take nice long walks on the beach as the sun goes down.

2 comments:

Rick said...

Chevy Chase/Robin Williams' movies not withstanding, the shitter is THE most important piece of equipment on board. If the shitter don't work, neither does anything else.

Al said...

Rick: Rather anal aren't we? But yeah, if the simple things don't work, the complex things sure won't