Monday, June 04, 2007

Getting Impatient

As I have said before, patience is not one of my stronger character traits. My attitude is , just get it done or get the hell out of my way.

I know, I know, it's not the best attitude to have. The Lord is always presenting me with opportunities to improve this. Right now I am waiting for the new title to show up for the Airstream so I can get it changed over and registered.

They say it takes seven to ten days to get a replacement title. Well, it has been seven days, and I want it NOW. Damn reality anyway.

I did a brake job on the front of the Z on Friday. At work I told them it was a two-beer job, but it was only a beer-and-a-half job. When I was coming home from my Apollo Root Cause Analysis class Thursday, all of the sudden the front drivers side brake all the sudden started making terrible noises. I recognized the sound, so I stopped and ordered new pads on the way home.

I needed to get it done, because the car has been invited to a car show on Father's Day, and I need to make sure it is in good shape, plus the Airstream needs to be serviced, so I am going to be busy.

10 comments:

Rick said...

You've mentioned the Apollo class a couple of times now... Is that like a disaster-preparedness class? Taught by Tom Hanks?

Al said...

Something like that. It is methodology for finding root cause of problems that was evolved out of the Apollo 13 incident.

It WAS taught by Tome Hanks, but Tom Hanks as Forrest Gump.

Anonymous said...

your blog is totally cracking me up lately with all this "car drama" Men make fun of women and their shopping but I say men just buy bigger toys. That poor truck being turned out on its ear for a younger model of vehicle that can service your needs more. Oh yes, the airstream is fancy and alluring but can she be dependable, loyal, and will she stick around after summer? I am just yanking your chain Al. Actually it is comforting to me to see that men are the same no matter what part of the country you are in. My husband has had his fair share of impatient projects. It the job of women to torment you men during this time of red tape ;)

Al said...

Daphne: If I didn't have Mrs A. around to keep me in line, I would probably have about a dozen cars, but she has laid down the rule: a new one comes, and old one has to go. To her (shudder, Blasphemy)she thinks a car is just a car.

On the other hand, she has like 30 pairs of shoes.

rennratt said...

Since it takes 7-10 days for the title, etc to arrive, please consider heading south.

Chachi has a truck that can be messed with in the interim.

There's nothing wrong with it; he just likes to add random things to it. I don't know what any of it is, but I'm sure y'all could really have some fun.

Al said...

Renn: I have already started looking at flatscreen TVs. Plasma or LCD? Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

You do know, of course, that "7-10 days" ACTUALLY means "14-20 days".

This IS a government facility we're talking about here, right? ;)

Al said...

PQ:Reality is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Al said...

Sneakin' in the back door here.....

Al said...

Still no RV....