Friday, June 13, 2008

Bad Blogger

Bad, bad Blogger.

I just realized my last post was last Sunday.

The dog ate my homework? No I guess that one won't work.

Aliens have taken over my body, and I am currently plotting the overthrow of the Earth? Maybe a little over the top.

The net was down? Plausible, but both at work and at home? not really believable.

I've been really, really busy?

I guess you go with what is the closest to the truth.

I have been working on Jenny, the Jensen Healey in the mornngs. I finished making the linkage for the carbs, and it turned out exactly as I wanted, and it works perfectly. I love it when a plan works.

Since the linkage was done, I figured I should go ahead and rebuild the carbs, check them out inside and make sure they weren't trashed inside. They are almost like brand new, and are ready to be assembled with the intake, which still needs a little work. It looks like I might actually get a day off on Sunday, and I could theoretically get the car fired up, but that is WAY optomistic. I know cars too well to expect that everything will go as planned, it's just I'm on a roll at the moment, and I am getting anxious to hear the throaty snark of a nasty four cylinder high performance engine.

Work has been crazy. As the bird gets closer to the door, the anxiety level rises. The closer to the door, the more tension. People lose their perspective. There is a lot riding on this. Schedule is king, and people will do ANYTHING to make the little tickeymark on the scedule, expecially considering the delays that have plagued the 787 program. People make unrealistic promises, and they come back to bite them in the ass.

Rollout is Jully third, and by God, it will roll on July third. There has been talk of going to twelve hour days until then. I don't think I can keep up that kind of pace until then. I know the quality of my work would suffer. After about the second day, you become a zombie. I can barely maintain the seven day a week schedule.

Other than that, life at home is great. Mrs A still loves her part time job. V is chomping at the bit for school to be out. R and the baby are doing fine. L and L have rented a house, and everything on that front is good. I have enrolled V. in a debate thing for a couple of weeks this summer. He is really looking forward to honing his skills. He has a lot of natural tallent, but is still learning all the little in's and outs.

Captain Obvious from the Starship Duh over and out.

4 comments:

Michael said...

You better have a video camera when you fire Jenny up for the first time. I want to hear what she sounds like!

Man they are definitely working you guys hard, you have my sympathy!

Al said...

Michael: I hope to record that moment for posterity. My digital camera will record video, but I'll have to show my wife how to use it!

Sarah said...

You're allowed to take a blog-break, no need to justify it. Of course, you're not the one who's been without her computer for the last week like I have...

Glad everything is going well!

Al said...

Sarah: I have no excuse other than working seven days a week.