Friday, June 20, 2008

Thank You Lord

R. Left me a message last night to call her when I got home from work. But it was late, and she never answered.

I called her back this morning. She is staying with her cousin down in Tacoma.This is also the grand daughter I sold my Blazer to.

Anyway, the cousin really really wants her to move in with her and her fiance'. Said cousin is also expecting a rug rat, so they could pool resources for child care. She would also be closer to her sister, L.

We both talked around the edges of the idea. I did't want to tell her that she wasn't welcome with us, and she didn't want to say she didn't want to stay with us.

In the end she announced that she was going to move to Tacoma and live with her cousin.

After I hung up, I looked skyward and said very sincerely: "Thank you Lord!"

4 comments:

rennratt said...

See?!

She asked, you agreed - and in the end, SHE chose a logical option!

As a woman on the outside, though, I worry about the boyfriend.

Mom to be hormones AND New Mom hormones all in the same house?! That man is either pure-tee crazy or a blamed saint.

Al said...

Renn: Both of those thoughts crossed my mind.

Not having to live up to the agreement, but getting the benefits of having agreed in the first place: Win/win.

And the boyfriend could just end up as the scratching post in the cathouse.

sue said...

Isn't it nice how things work out sometimes... :)

Al said...

Sue: It happens so seldom that it is genuinely a pleasant surprise.