Thursday, June 05, 2008

$%^&* RAIN!

It was raining yesterday when I got up. It was raining when I went to work, it was raining when I got home.

It was raining this morning when I got up, it was raining when I took Mrs A. out to lunch to Chang's Mongolian Grill, it was raining when I went to work, it is raining now.

More rain is predicted for tomorrown and the day after that and the day after that, and the day after that.

A seemingly endless progression of gray days. Have mercy on me Lord! I am not asking for perfect weather, just a little sun break once in a while.

I am pasty white from lack of sunlight, and I think I have moss growing on my North side. I am moving less and less. I think my feet are beginning to morph into roots. I get more shaggy every day.

A little Sun here, please!!!!

11 comments:

Sarah said...

I have sympathy for you, I really do, but so long as your house is still standing and the basement is dry, you've got one up on a lot of people in the Midwest right now.

It can always be worse, but I sure hope it gets better for you guys soon!

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oh if I could send you some, I would! We have a huge surplus of sunshine...which makes it about 97ยบ here today!!!

Michael said...

Looks like we might get a sun break on Sunday, a brief one. And it might snow in some of the passes?! In June?!

But I agree with Sarah, we've got it easy compared to many folks right now.

Al said...

Sarah: I feel likke a weather whimp, complaining about the gray, with tornados and flooding in other parts of the country, but it's hard to stay positive in the overcast.

PQ: Please use your royal powers to d whatever you can.

Michael: I have to work anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter a whole lot. Still, even a little sun break would help.

Sarah said...

You're not a wimp, and we're all allowed, within reason, to complain from time to time. I'd send you some California sunshine if I could!

Al said...

Sarah: And I hear California has a need for some Seattle Sunshine, the liquid variety. Maybe we could arrange a little swap?

Sarah said...

John and I spent quite a bit of time at home trying to figure out how to get all the water coving the streets and fields of Iowa out to California. Oh the money we could have made!!

Al said...

Sarah: Import a few Seattleites, and when they get there, wring them out like damp towels. That ought to get you enough water.

Rick said...

Ain't it the truth? I hear it's nearly summer in some parts of the country!

Al said...

Rick: I have a vague memory of a bright object in the sky that brought warmth, But maybe it was just something in a dream......

sue said...

I can so relate.